Since returning home from college, I’ve thought a lot about the things that I missed most while I was away. 9 long months away some from of my favorite things. How I managed, I’m not quite sure. I guess it’s true when people say “you never know what you’ve got til’ it’s gone.” Okay, maybe that is a little extreme for the things I’m talking about. These things I’ve missed aren’t actually gone gone-I just wasn’t able to see and use them for 9 months. 9 LONG MONTHS.
Here’s a list of my most missed things, in no particular order of course:
- Sophie. Who is Sophie you might ask? Why my lovely golden retriever pup. I haven’t been in contact with a dog since the last time I saw her during Spring Break, I would never cheat on her with another dog!
- My bathroom. Community bathrooms in dorms aren’t really thatttt bad. Who am I kidding, they’re actually quite awful. Especially when there are cockroach infestations and long hair coating the shower walls on the daily. I’ve never been happier to come back to my own bathroom.
- My bed. It’s not a joke, dorm beds are not comfortable whatsoever. Even with the three inches of foam I brought along with me in an attempt to mask the rock solid surface I would be sleeping on, it still does not match the comfort of my own bed.
- My kitchen. More specifically my oven and electric mixer. I love baking and while I attempted to continue to bake at school, hauling all of my supplies down to the SINGLE kitchen that services all 1,200 residents of Sellery Residence Hall was not worth the work.
- My car. While even if I had it with me in Madison, it would rarely be used, I missed it dearly. The luxury of hopping in the car to drive over to the grocery store instead of walking, (I know its only a block away currently), is dearly missed.
- DVR. Its exhausting trying to keep up with all the shows I watch when there is no DVR. While it is fun to live tweet along with Scandal, I still enjoy watching shows on my own time and fast forwarding through all those commercials.
- The parental units. I’ll admit it, sometimes all you really need is a hug from your mom and a good joke from your dad to brighten your day.
- My water. The water from my house is notorious for being the best. I don’t know why, but it really does taste better than any other water I’ve ever had. Don’t knock it til’ you try it.
- My piano. The ability to randomly sit down and play a song whenever I want has never been missed more.
- My in house tech dude. Okay, you got me, I meant Tyler.
Anyways, let me know some of the things that you missed, or would miss most if you were away from home for 9 months in the comments below.